View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #31
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Talked with a Shaw employee a couple of weeks ago that was beta testing it. Said it was pretty cool. Sounds like it might be a little buggy out the gate but expects to be fixed either before launch or shortly after (typical beta stuff).

edit: http://www.shaw.ca/Gateway/Features/

hmmm, looks like it's web enabled (under the coming soon section). Hopefully this paves the way for editing of pvr timers with a web interface or phone app.
Believe you me, this is a very big priority for my team. We are rabid about supporting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredr123 View Post
I can't imagine that kind of stuff wouldn't be added quickly out of the gate. I really wish I could have held off on the PVR purchase last year. Of course, there was no way of knowing then that this was coming down the pipe. Talk about good decisions with poor results...
Not out of the gate, but sooner than you might think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredr123 View Post
So someone I know who knows a lot about this stuff just mentioned that the Gateway was cobbled together in a hurry so there was something positive for Shaw to announce to shareholders. There are more well-thought-out products and services on the way in the next year or so that aren't a bunch of old hardware and buggy backends hacked together in a hurry.
I wouldn't say it's cobbled together. It's a box capable of very modern technology, but from what I understand there are some limitations in place because of agreements with arris. One of my goals is to convince people of the value of enabling many consumer devices as part of the customer experience.