View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 05:17 PM   #39
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envitro View Post
To begin with, that CTV article with a brief summary of the most recent 75-year conflict is a fairly one-sided piece, IMHO.

As a full disclaimer, I am in general a supporter of Israel's right to exist.

However, right now, the evictions are a problem and should never have been started. I'd love to know the reasoning behind it (apart from aggression and land-grabbing).

On the other hand, as bad as Israel's actions are (i.e. evictions, busting up the sit-in at Al-Aqsa with riot police), and I am against them, what did Hamas and friends think the response was going to be when they sent hundreds of rockets towards Tel Aviv?

Not sure how anybody wins here...
The reason is quite simple, Bibi' Netanyahu and Likud has maintained power by being the party seen as tough on the Arabs and best at protecting Israel, as such it is in his favour to keep the pot boiling so the voters will keep voting for him even though he is utterly corrupt and in danger of going to jail, this whole episode is because he is losing his political grip, Labour is trying to form a coalition to take power, this makes that harder, this is all on purpose in order to get Hamas to send rockets over and spark a full scale conflict, war is literally a get out of jail free card for Netanyahu.

As for Hamas pretty much see above, they remain in power because they are seen as tough on Israel, the war keeps them in power, everybody wins, well except for the handful of Israelis that are killed and the hundreds to thousands of Arabs.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote