View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #1800
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Great video. IMO I think his video demonstrates that a lot of areas that Lindholm excels in are very similar to Matt Tkachuk. Now Lindholm isn't the pest or agitator that Tkachuk is and not quite as physical or strong. But both players excel at:
-puck protection/being hard on the puck
-plays in tight around the net. both passing and shooting
-screening the goalie
-tips

I think a player that excels at that is needed on Gaudrea-Monahan's RW so I think either Lindholm or Tkachuk would be a great fit. The nice thing about Lindholm is the right shooting factor and also that he's so great defensively. So I've come around to the idea that Lindholm is probably the best fit on that #1 line. I don't think he plays centre unless injuries hit. I think you continue to develop Jankowski at centre and that Lindholm as our only top 6 potential RW with a right shot has to be played at RW when we're healthy.

Thanks for these comments, this kind of puts it into perspective for me. So now we may have the kind of skill on that line that made Gaudrea, Monahan tick! They have not been quite the same without Hudler. I think it is easy to forget how good Gaudrea, Monahan Hudler were at times; They were downright scary and amazing to watch. Would love to see some of that chemistry again!
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote