View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 07:42 PM   #28
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Saw it today. Fun movie, Marvel continues to hit every ball thrown at them, while not every movie can live up to the last two big teamup movies. It was still very good.

I keep hearing that Brie was flat and emotionless in this movie, but I thought her acting was one of the highlights, she play the tension of someone who have been trying to bury her emotions really well.

Fury looked good, but the de-aging on Coulsson and Ronan felt a little uncanny to me.

This movie really felt like it could have been made in the 90s, the tone and pacing really would have fit in with movies like independence day, which is what I think they were going for. I really like how Marvel makes deliberate genre choices and riffs off of key troupes. (for this one I think they were trying to make it feel like the movie was made some time between 89 - 95).

Happy that this really did build to end game, I left Black Panther a little disappointed as it did not really build to Infinity War, the big Naboo style battle scene could have been done with any random group anywhere. Releasing these within a couple months of the major event films, I think it is important to sew the threads a little deeper.
#-3 is online now   Reply With Quote