View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 06:03 PM   #1082
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

What drives me crazy is almost opposite. I mean frankly the bottom line is that I completely understand that its show and actor and plot driven. But this is my annoyance.

1) We have a ship of 400 people, like a naval vessel every individual has a specialization. I'm sure that there's a flight deck crew, you know with pilots, yet everyone seems to grab a shuttle on their own, without authorization. Shuttle pilots must really hate the command crew.

2) I've said this multiple times, you have an away mission with the Captain and half of the senior crew on the bridge. So not only if something bad happens do you lose your whole command structure. But the rest of the crew probably want to murder the bridge crew for being elitists who take all of the good assignments

3) You can apparently do everything from the bridge with a touch of the button. Transport people, all communications, all engineering functions, everything. So again, why does a ship like the Discovery or Enterprise need a crew of more then 10 people. I'm guessing that the 390 other crewman's job for the most part is cooking meals for the bridge crew, giving their foot massages and cleaning their sphincters after a good poop.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote