View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 11:51 AM   #165
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I wonder if Brodie playing on the "3rd" pairing is more about giving the top 6 options for the playoffs, than it is about his play.

With Gio in Norris mode and the excellent play of Andersson, you can comfortably put those 2 together. That allows them to dress a rookie, or a Prout on the 3rd pairing and put Brodie with them. Brodie's ability to play both sides allows him to play with righties and lefties.

My guess is that Fantenberg dresses game 1 and plays with Andersson. But when injuries hit, or they want a different look, Brodie can play the right side with Valimaki or Kylington, or the left side with Prout, and Andersson can play with Gio.

I think they really want to avoid having 2 rookies playing together. Or depending on Prout to play with a rookie.

Edit: Totally forgot about Stone. But the theory still applies. Not to mention, Stone and Brodie have a history of playing pretty well together.

With this detail oriented coaching staff, I wouldn't put it past them to be thinking like this. If it were Gulutzan, Brendan Evans would be skating with Anders Eriksson.

Last edited by sa226; 03-30-2019 at 11:56 AM.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote