View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 08:18 AM   #209
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzcock View Post
Pieroway is local but I've never owned any of their rods so I can't speak to their warranty. TFO has local distribution so if you head down to their facility you can get same day rod replacement.

Pretty much all others will require you to ship the rod away for warranty service and most have a lifetime (or 25 year) warranty.

My only warranty experience is with Sage and St. Croix. Sage was good - they couldn't replace my broken tip so they sent me an entire brand new rod for free although it took them a couple of months.

I have a soft spot for St. Croix rods as I really think their rods generally offer the best value for money and their warranty includes an upgrade program. You can either have your rod repaired or trade it in for a higher value rod. I did this with a 15 year old St. Croix Imperial and upgraded to a Legend Elite for a healthy discount.
That is really good to know, I was taking a look at the St. Croix rods last night and like what I see. I might go that route. Sounds like they have great customer service.