View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 02:32 PM   #45
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I get that a lot of people didn't care for the movie and a lot have very legitimate criticisms. But I do think the online reviews were definitely manipulated by various online groups with agendas. So I wouldn't quote that as being anything meaningful.
And heres my issue with that:

I see that and of course I also think theres something fishy going on there, you can never discount the idea that the Evil Mouse Empire would do something to manipulate the ratings via various agencies.

I'm sure they have the capability and the will to use it.

But at the same time, I can also see why, based on the film itself, those ratings are all over the place without any need of underhandedness or foul play.

The average casual fan is going to love that movie. Superficially it was a lot of fun it had minor story-progress that someone not infatuated with Star Wars can easily follow.

Its baby food. Even people with no teeth can eat it.

The hardcore fan is going to hate that movie. Plethora of reasons, not going into all of them but space-Leia was dumb, ships all of a sudden needing gas is dumb, dropping bombs in space is dumb, etc and so on and so forth, you get the idea.

You've ordered a steak and the waiter brought you baby food.

Then theres the racist misogynists. Theres nothing you can do to please these people so they should probably be dismissed out of hand. Unfortunately even racist misogynists have an unalienable right to post youtube comments and vote on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes which is why you have to take those ratings with a grain of salt and assume, for the most part, that they will eventually resume to the mean.

They were served baby food but they wanted to eat the baby instead. And the colour, gender and ethnicity of that baby is very, very important to them.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote