View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 12:21 PM   #108
CorbeauNoir
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
The reddit thread says there were no lines at the food vendors, which is weird because I was told by my friends that the lines were more or less the same as before. One friend skipped buying food because of the lines.
Lunchtime lines during the weekend were what you'd imagine they'd be. I'd typically wait until 2-3 to get lunch and the lines would be far more manageable. And they all seemed really quiet on thursday-friday (I could have ordered dinner from pretty much any of the vans/Big 4 vendors straight on walk-up) but the overall crowds are much lower those days to suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
From what I understand, and remember I didn't work this year, this was essentially the new guys (management) telling the old guys (staffers) how to run the con that the staff have run forever, because management knows better.

Staff can talk to and suggest things to management until they are blue in the face. If management doesn't listen and/or ignores that advice and/or thinks it knows better...guess who 'wins'.
Yeah, I'd consider that falls under 'poor communication' if true, lol.

Reading through the reddit thread I think what should be concerning to the Expo is how many of the complaints revolve around the way vendors were treated. A vocal minority of attendees having issues is one thing but alienating the vendors in ways the average visitor isn't necessarily going to be aware of and could convince them to not put up shop next year (or simply price them completely out) ought to be treated fairly seriously.

Last edited by CorbeauNoir; 05-02-2018 at 12:33 PM.
CorbeauNoir is offline   Reply With Quote