View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 01:19 PM   #1005
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
i hope that meatheads name gets out. Would love for his wife/gf to hear about how classy he is in rec hockey.
Unfortunately it sounds like this was actually minor hockey, likely Midget if they are 18. This should have been taken extremely seriously by the local MHA's, the league and even Hockey Alberta if it was escalated that far. My understanding of the rules would be that a gross misconduct would be in order and probably an indefinite suspension plus hearing with the MHA for any player who would conduct themselves this way. Unfortunately the ref's cannot call what they do not see so likely nothing more will come out of this. I've been involved with minor hockey coaching for 7 years now and my experience has been that officials and the local MHA's take this type of thing very seriously. I've witnessed game ejections and indefinite suspensions to both players and coaches for verbal abuse. Fortunately this has not happened very often but on many occasions there have been discussions after a game between coaches (honest discussions, not altercations) whereby we communicate that there may have been some inappropriate words said during a game. Most coaches will take this pretty seriously if it is one of their players who supposedly said something will either talk to the team as a whole (without calling anyone out) and indicate this type of behavior is inexcusable or on rare occasions pull the kid in question aside and have a serious talk with them
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote