View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #881
shane_c
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Enjoy your new channels!
The sucky part in most of Canada is lack of OTA.
Was very pleased, when I moved to montreal, to get 28 OTA channels instead of 5. Have since moved and just hooked up here in NW ruralish Chicagoland area, where first scan pulled in 103 channels.
I use TV listings and Guide Plus (android app) to view long range guides and set reminders. Highly recommended
Well, I cancelled the cable after 3 days. I had it installed on Saturday. The cable box was okay when first installed but about an hour later developed a very loud, constant hum whether it was on or off. It was loud enough that I could hear it upstairs in the house.

So today I brought the box back on my lunch, got a new one and installed it when I got home. It didn't hum but would randomly go into a constant play/pause loop with a loud tick tock noise. And sometimes it would make the fast tick tock noise and start scrolling through the channels.

So I called and cancelled, reconnected my antenna and the Roku. It was only $4 extra a month to add the cable to my bundle but it's been a frustrating few days with it and I can't keep bringing the boxes back until I get one that works. It's a PITA.

shane_c is offline   Reply With Quote