View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 12:10 PM   #210
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty81 View Post
Would imagine it is more with Murray Edwards and crew if there's anything to it because as you said, new mgmt and coach.

Its too bad as it seems like many franchise icons don't exactly end up with the warm and fuzzies for the Flames. Macinnis, Mullen, Suter, Gilmour and Nieuwendyk and most of that group got run out of town after they were all nickel and dimed. No bad blood but none of them identify as flames it seems like. Fleury has been largely ignored by ownership due to off ice stuff. Lanny got passed over for that mgmt job and is arm's length now.

Only star guys I can think of I loved watching play who seem like flames guys in their hearts are Conroy and Loob. Reggie is a flames guy through and through as well. Vernon I guess too but he seems uninvolved.

Not to disparage Macoun and Pepper and the alumni group who are committed and great but I'd like to see our longer serving star players treated with more importance by the team and vice versa and I hope that Iginla and the Flames don't linger on a bad note, he means a lot to the franchise and the best sports teams manage the relationships with their icons carefully.
Agree with this. Fleury was also shipped out of town when he asked for more money in the late 1990s.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corral For This Useful Post: