View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 12:11 PM   #5
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Wow.. interesting story for the nerd in me. Very much more so if you understand the intrinsic facets of how they were trying to bend the rules. The approach was still way too simple, with majority fake invoices and arms length parties which is why it was so easy for them to get caught once they were audited.

In all honestly, I've been thinking that there's a way to do this "properly" to launder money. You sell real goods with surge in value, blend in a little bit of barter exchange of goods with "arms length parties" secretly working in concert. Like an adapted MLM with real goods/services paired with the crazy Eddie pumping fraud, but enough people working in concert to create and destroy to tie up loose ends with the off book numbers. Honestly speaking, I wonder if people do this already on Amazon and Uber by creating real transactions with fake "surge/demand/fishing pricing".
I'm sure this happens on a massive scale already but most businesses are smart enough to keep things within believability and on a low profile. A lot of it is probably similar to money laundering schemes where you at least need a real front business that does actual sales you can attribute sales to. The sisters had nothing but fake fronts and fake products.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post: