View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #6
MJM
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81flames View Post
The only thing I would caution about Royal Oak is the traffic. They closed the intersection connecting Royal Oak/Rocky Ridge to Crowchild. From what I hear getting out of those two communities is really bad as there is only 2 exits. Those condos you are looking at are closer to Country Hills, so it might not affect you as much, but it's still something to keep in mind.
Red Haus is walking distance to the sobeys/walmart and really quick access to Stoney Trail (5 minutes to beacon hill/crowfoot). I'm not sure about daycare/schools though.

The overpass is scheduled to be completed within October, removing all traffic lights. So within the next few weeks traffic will be an absolute breeze once again.

I went to the community meeting about the LRT there, and to listen to some idiots complain there about the traffic (mostly old people) was mind-numbing. It's only been a real problem for a couple of weeks, and within the next couple of weeks it will be a non-issue. I don't know how the man form the City of Calgary didn't lose it on these people. Bitching about an inconvenience that has last a couple of months that's going to result in the elimination of the Stoney Trail Intersection (shave 5-10 min off commute) and the arrival of the LRT is the most backwards logic I have ever seen.

The people doing the most bitching are generally just the people that used to live right off Rocky Ridge Road and right on the old exit and now have to drive around. You gotta laugh at them though, they've known since the community was built that's what was going to happen.

As for Red Haus condos themselves, I toured one with a friend and they appeared to be pretty nice and upscale. I found the price point was a little high, but they likely have came down (as have all condos in the City). Absolutely wicked location for public transportation though. 2 minute bus ride to the train (one stop away in both direction.

Last edited by MJM; 10-03-2010 at 04:44 PM.
MJM is offline   Reply With Quote