View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #14
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
I am glad they started to offer that.

My mom was on Shaw for the longest time, but then she rented out her basement to a family friend and one day a tech was there to fix a signal problem and he noticed there was someone else living in the basement so he cut all the lines leading down there.

I doubt she will go back now, because she was furious at the time, but this might prevent similar situations in the future.
That is just unlucky.

At my parents old place when we first got Shaw Internet (Shaw@Home back then), the cable guy came and hooked up the extra connection to the computer. As he was preparing to hook things up he noticed that there was two cables hooked up to the existing splitter but three other cables that weren't plugged into anything so he asked about them. They went to ohter rooms in the house but we never hooked them up because it cost extra to have them hooked up. So he said he'll hook them up, and my mom panicked because she didn't want to pay for the extra hookups, but he said that he doesn't care how many are hooked up, and that Shaw couldn't tell.

My friend's cousin is/was a Shaw installer and he said the installers would all do similar things.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote