View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 10:40 AM   #468
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
How the heck is no one talking about this? I don't personally think the Seahawks are a Super Bowl contender, but the media seems to... yet none of them think it's important that someone just deliberately busted a dude's knee, in a season so far plagued by injuries? What is going on here?

It compounds because Hill took a penalty earlier on in the game for a blatant head shot.

I hate the gator roll tackle, I think that the amount of torque that it puts on the knee and ankle is incredibly dangerous. I get it has its uses for down field from the back pursuit, but its used too often at the pro level, especially in traffic.

I remember for a long time, the SeaHawks were putting out videos for youth football on gator rolling as a part of a safe tackling alternative to heads up tackling, but I refused to teach it. In fact I took a look at the whole SeaHawks tackling video with the horizontal head first tackling and gator roll from the back and told my coaches that we weren't going to use it as an alternative to the Football Canada Safe Contacts teaching.

Now there's no doubt in my mind that the gator roll in this case was a deliberate attempt to injure just based on the hand position that Hill had on the tackle and the way he whip rolled it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote