View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 04:55 PM   #1205
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
When I say control I would think they would be looking for an option to purchase and develop.

Because they have a desire to make money from the spinoff of their enterprise. I would much rather have them do it than CMLC.

That's one way of looking at it.

Uh, nope. When it comes to revenues generated by the Calgary Flames they need to be carefully accounted for so they are compliant with the CBA. If the city tried to make connections to hockey related revenues, this would be a major no-go, regardless of what the team could agree to. You're right that the Garth Books revenues have little bearing on things, but if the formula used by the city was dependent on total revenues, including HRR, that would be a big no from the team and the league. Based on the team's response, and the hedging by Nenshi is his press gathering, I would bet that the formula was based on monies the team does not have full control over.
I have no idea where in the CalgaryNEXT proposal nor the small info we have received regarding the Flames desires in around the Vic Park location you have managed to pull that they have any desire/expertise/interest/plans to develop anything other than sports facilities primarily for themselves. Just because someone drew a bunch of rectangles in the CalgaryNEXT Sketchup drawing and dragged it along the z axes does not mean the CSEC has any intentions to develop hotels, bars, restaurants, or condos.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post: