Thread: Telus Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 09:23 PM   #51
diskonect
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
Switched to Telus on my EPP at work. Thanks again to those who got me to check again, it was a great deal vs what Shaw wanted to resign me at. Looks like I will be net $80/mo ahead and have faster internet (1GB vs 600mb) and get more channels with HBO thrown in.

Install was a gong show, first guy showed up and promptly refused to install because things weren’t perfect. Said to reschedule when another team could come fix some things.

Second installer came and was actually an employee of Telus. He was happy to help work around some inconvenience and got it done.

Overall had it for a week. Internet is super fast, but always was. The TV box they provide compared to Shaw sucks big time. Miss the voice feature, remote, and OS of the Xfinity box. Waaay easier to use.

But whatever. I asked Shaw to match so I would stay and they declined. Thold the family to suck it up. Hopefully Telus has better boxes in future. Not worth $80/mo tho.
I switched my cell phone to Telus EPP a few months back, but after being with Shaw for 15 years as a customer I think I'm ready to switch my Internet and Cable.

Sad thing is, I don't think Fiber has made it down to Mckenzie Towne yet.
diskonect is offline   Reply With Quote