View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 10:12 PM   #57
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've kind of gone nuts on the Ring and Alexa ecosystem lately (thanks Prime Day...) and am trying to embrace all that it has to offer and can do. Ring Alarm remains the last frontier not conquered....

Is anyone using Ring Alarm with professional monitoring? I'm curious to see how Ring and CPS are co-ordinated in terms of co-ordinating a response to an alarm condition. Particularly whether "verification" is required of alarms originating on a Ring system.

I did note that in some places, Ring offers this:

Quote:
When the monitoring center receives an alarm signal they will call you and your emergency contact(s) to ask if you are present at the alarm site, and able to verify whether there is a real emergency. If you are not at the alarm site or otherwise unable to verify, they will ask if you want a private guard responder to be dispatched to the alarm site in an effort to perform the verification.

If you accept, the monitoring center will dispatch a private guard responder who will check the alarm site and dispatch emergency responders (police or fire) if there is a real emergency. The fee that you agree to pay for the dispatch of a private guard responder to the alarm site is $75.00 for the first 20 minutes, and $1.25 per minute thereafter.
This is kind of cool and possibly important in terms of getting timely response from CPS. Thing is - this is only offered in Edmonton and St Albert at the moment. Was curious if there was a reason as to why this wasn't offered in Calgary.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote