View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 07:18 AM   #15
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Northland Mall must be dying a slow death. About half vacant I would estimate? Even the food court has seen the disappearance of KFC and Taco Time, with no replacements (and this is all close to some schools).

North Hill Mall remains busy for some reason, and not for the shopping. Must be the medical offices.

Crowfoot is losing places like Montanas and Tony Roma's.
Northland has always been hit and miss in terms of empty stores, I assume this was due to the proposed redevelopment. I agree it seems a bit more lately, so maybe the redevelopment is getting closer. I do laugh at that giant clothing place, however, it always seems to have periods where "everything must go" , "closing soon", etc and then nothing.

North Hill mall is a great mall I think, in that it seems to recognize what it is, who is nearby and what people need. It's a convenience mall. Sure, I could order my toiletries online, but why bother when I can pop into that mall and grab it, my jug of milk and fruit, and then maybe go to the doctor's too. Works very well I think with those condos attached to it, right on the train and SAIT is quite close by. Probably even get some minor convenience type spin off purchases from when something is on at the Jubilee.

As to crowfoot...will be interesting to see what happens. A lot of restaurants are gone - blech, that Montana's - and numerous other things +car dealerships, etc). Shanks is renovating, though.
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote