View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:39 PM   #7666
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
I can't believe so many of you have this much time on your hands. The whole Calgary v. Edmonton city rivalry is so weird to me. I don't see why people from various cities feel so threatened by other cities that they have to expend so much energy hating on the other city. I'm not only talking about hating on Edmonton, but also the other way around. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

I understand hating the other city's hockey team, but the hating the city itself has never made any sense to me.
West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale are no good.

It's just a thing that people do, no matter where you go. I'm sure if you went to Sao Paulo in Brazil they'd tell you that Rio De Janeiro is no good, and vice versa. Don't ask me why that example popped in my head when there are likely a billion better examples, but the point still stands. People love to poop on nearby places they could be living in, but chose to live where they do decidedly so. It's pretty much internal justification at work.