View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 01:26 AM   #63
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

You don't need to get a salesperson to give you the plan. Get a koodo account with an Alberta plan and address, then on self serve online you can change it to a sasky number and select the 5 gig plan. You can either stop there, or if you want an Alberta number then you can use self serve to port in an Alberta local number. That's it.

There are some limits on certain changes in the same billing cycle....I think you can change to the sask number and plan, but then have to wait until the next billing cycle to do the number port in.

I was already with koodo, but I didn't bother trying to keep my old number (though possible, more costly and complex and I didn't care enough). I was considering just keeping the sask number but ended up getting a local number via virgin prepaid and porting it into my koodo account. If you already have a non Koodo number you can just port that in.

But there was never any need to try to get a sales rep to give me any particular plan, you can just open it with a regular Alberta plan then change it over via self serve.

Oh, and don't bring too much attention to it and make Koodo start trying to crack down on it.

Last edited by Ryan Coke; 07-20-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote