View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 03:40 PM   #15
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Over population, in my view is a global crisis, and in that context planned parenthood is the solution. I would go so far as to say that no unwanted fetuses should be brought into this world. That being said, abortions are not really the answer, I think that 'up stream' interventions will always result in better health. Appropriate education coupled with good access to contraceptive resources will result in less need for abortions. Obviously this is not a complete solution, rape, accidents, and medical complications do happen.

An issue I have with the pro-lifer side of the debate is that there are large groups of people who are against contraceptives and proper sexual education (that is sex ed that doesn't say abstinence is the only solution). They have every right to their opinion, but if they do not provide adequate resources or solutions to the problem ( children in poverty, or who are unwanted/loved) their argument has no validity.

This is not a debate without consequences on either side, if one is to have a valid opinion then they need to have an argument with utility, not simply an argument of morality.

Last edited by TheIronMaiden; 05-17-2019 at 03:55 PM.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post: