View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 03:37 PM   #12
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
I think it's worth mentioning that there is a significant portion of the right-wing zeitgeist in the US that is at odds with itself. The Daily Caller plays a notable role in this discourse.

Touting self-sufficiency FYGM ideals but wanting to control women's bodies/decisions are certainly within the scope of this thread. That, along with the beaten to death talking point of non-support of actual children, and belief that children are the property of their parents (but only after birth) are pretty common, and are absolutely mentionable.

I suppose it's not really on par with starting a death thread about a meme cat but okay.

There's no way anyone but the ultra-religious truly believe in "at conception" birth. Shapiro and his ilk are supposed to be "rationalists" that put science above superstition, so I have a hard time believing that they think something that would have a 0% chance of surviving outside the womb is a baby.

It’s not an issue of survivability it’s whether the fetus has ‘life’ beyond chemical reactions - e.g. a ‘God-given’ soul. The irony is the human life seems to have low value in a lot of other circumstances like war or even just supporting people who do have children in difficult situations.
edslunch is online now   Reply With Quote