View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 10:27 AM   #53
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
This is the simulator training for it, from what I found elsewhere. Start at 2:50. It looks incredibly simple to fix if you know what to do.

And this is an article from November

https://theaircurrent.com/aviation-s...em-mcas-jt610/

Sorry, can't copy text, but at the end of the article Boeing explains why they didn't tell pilots about the new system. The reason being they didn't want to overwhelm them with info. Sorry, but that sounds like a really bad reason. They are pros. They should be able to handle this extra info. I wonder if that lands them in legal trouble.
That article certainly doesn't help. It's basically saying the new system is there to compensate for what is effectively a hardware flaw on the 737 Max after moving the engine for better fuel efficiency. Boeing doesn't tell pilots this program even exists, and that is not cause for concern? I can bet you the existence would not have been mentioned if it wasn't for the crash. Boeing tried to sell 14% better fuel efficiency without the engineering to provide a full hardware solution, and built rushed software that hid this defect, with disastrous results.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote