Thread: 2018 NFL thread
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #2378
cross16
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
How many healthy, effective years does Rodgers have left in him? He plays a little more physical game than Brady and I can’t see him having more than 1 or 2 left in him if that.
Early in this career, and when the O Line was in better shape, Rodgers was a very effective pocket passer and the running around and freelancing has sort of developed out of necessity. Provided the Packers can add a piece or 2 to the O line in the off season I see no reason why Rodgers can't be effective to 39/40 like Brady. Hinges more on the Packers ability to keep him upright and give him play makers more than it does his style IMO. He's been extremely effective with both styles.

McCarthy deserves a lot of respect and he's a good man so I get people going to bat for him but I think this whole "Packers didn't show him respect" thing is a little silly. Would they prefer that the Packers openly talk behind his back to future candidates? is that showing him more respect? If you know 2 sides are not a match anymore I think the more disrespectful thing to do is to string it out.
cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote