View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 01:24 PM   #1549
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
My favourite part about people calling out other teams players for dives is them acting like their own teams also don't do the same thing. United, Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Spurs, etc all have guys that do exactly what Alli did.

It's a problem across all of soccer, and it's despicable, but I honestly don't blame the players since they know they can get away with it.

Leagues need to do more on the post game to try and get rid of it. Go to video after the game and if a player is caught diving it should be a warning after the first time, and then a 1 game suspension after the second. With the penalty escalating after that.

I'm sure these guys would stop doing it every game if they knew they were going to have to miss a week.
I dont think anyone has said 'nobody on my team dives.'

I havent seen that written anywhere. And I wouldnt make that claim of my own team. Lots of players go down easy. They've made the reward worth it because the risk is a yellow card or a stern talking to. Theres almost no downside.

Some just do it more than others and in some cases (Spurs, RE: Pochettino remarks, Alli, Kane, etc.) its systemic and encouraged as opposed to situational and discouraged.

But at the end of the day it should be discussed, because your attitude in your post is:

If it cant be perfect then dont bother at all.

'If someone on your team dives then you cant say anything about players on other teams diving.'

And that attitude is effectively what got the game in this situation in the first place.

Look no further than Pochetino's remarks. He fully considers diving and 'tricking the referees' to be just part of the game.

As a fan of the game I want a hard stop put to that BS right now. Across the board. I dont care if my team suffers as a result of it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: