View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 05:10 PM   #28
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:
lanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquatch View Post
Well, I'll admit, I thought Neal was a really good signing, I thought a more physical, larger winger was the perfect addition and I was pretty excited when it was announced.

Didn't click right away, and you could come up with reasons - long season, new system, new linemates, etc, but ... damn I dunno, he just looks slow and disinterested.

Pathetic year, and now just an albatross of a contract. Not Lucic bad, but bad. And enough of these overpay/underdeliver contracts makes it so you can't get better.

Is it Neal's fault the Flames are down in this series? No. They've sucked as a group, really. But he hasn't done anything good, and I'm glad to see Czar (or Winnie the Pooh, or Gumby, or...) in his place.

A big miss by Treliving here, but you can hardly blame him for signing Neal, who has always been a big strong 20 goal guy, I mean... whaddya do?
Same here. I liked the signing at the time.

A complete drop off like this is completely unpredictable and unlikely. It gives me some hope that maybe he can rebound next year. But it’s like he isn’t even the same player anymore. He is doing none of the things he did that made him successful everywhere else he played.