View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 04:56 PM   #1568
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

To the two guys running across 7th st against a red light, maybe next time the bobcat driver with his bucket at hip height won't be quite so quick to stop...I'm not sure they even saw him after he almost ruined their day.

I also had a fun run in with a typical Calgary driver...errr...clueless lady. Going up 10th st, just before 16th ave the bike lane crosses the turning lane. There is a sign clearly indicated vehicles turning right must yield to cyclists. I see in my rear view a blinker going, as I am about to ennter this area. Then I see this vehicle slowly pass me, so I wonder if maybe she is just phantom signalling. But no, she turns across right in front of me.

Since there was a line of cars stopping her from proceeding, I felt it was my duty to inform her she had just cut me off, illegally.

"I didn't cut you off!"
"yes, you did. You turned in front of me when the sign clearly indicates you are supposed to yield."
"I was in the outside lane, I didn't see you."
She was not, nor had ever been in the outside lane, from when I saw her start signalling from a position behind me, with a bright red light flashing.

"You passed right next to me, and you didn't see me?"
"No!"
"Then you should have your license taken away, and get off the road."

So I left unsure if she is a selfish driver, or a blind one.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: