View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 02:56 PM   #22
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
how much?

in all seriousness, I guess I'm in the minority among United fans who chooses to be optimistic. I think the top 3 are miles off (City and Liverpool are extremely well-balanced teams and Spurs are easily 3rd best IMO), but beyond that, I think 4th place is realistic and that's all I want this year to be honest with you. I think United is looking at a 2-3 year rebuild and making CL is crucial next year in order to continuously push forward and hopefully challenge for the title in 2022. It's a mess of a situation, but that's what the club deserves after 6 six years of bad planning, terrible transfers and mismanagement at every level.

I think 4th place is realistic. As bad as things have been going, it's not like Chelsea and Arsenal are doing well either. Chelsea have a new manager, can't strengthen and have lost a worldclass player in Hazard. Arsenal don't have any cash to strengthen it seems because Kroenke is beyond terrible. Given that expectations are pretty low, I think United could surprise a few people this upcoming year.
I'd have them favorites for 4th right now

That's assuming maguire and at least another signing or two comes in

Arsenals transfer budget is well known

Chelsea have a new manager at this level, think it takes at least a year to adjust, and so far just swapping hazard for pulisic

Think we could see leicester, maybe everton, and wolves challenge top 6 as well
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote