View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 12:30 PM   #3850
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I will admit that there is part of me who wonders if it's not worth absolutely cheaping out on the goaltending and playing chicken with the expansion draft. I mean what would the Ortio and Ramo tandem realistically cost you next year. No more than 3 million combined. Ramo's only other option realistically is Russia right now. So if you can't get a Pickard or Korpisalo or whomever else is a backup to potential starter for one of the 2nd round picks in the 50's....maybe you stay patient.

That expansion draft is going to force someone to blink, if the urgency isn't there now for Tampa to trade Vasilevski or Bishop. It will eventually show up. If the protected lists are what the rumors are suggesting I don't see expansion teams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Treliving played chicken last year signing Ramo before peddling Hiller and it resulted in the 3-headed goalie monster. I don't think he will take any chances this offseason and I don't think Ramo will be in any conversations for next season.

Yeah, I don't see Treliving playing that game. If it fails he looks like a terrible GM who has no clue. Many already want to blame him for this past lost season when I personally don't think it's justified. If he goes into next season though without making any major changes/upgrades to the goaltending he could committing career suicide.