View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 11:28 AM   #1686
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth22 View Post
I can see where you're coming from there...I just like the look of their new 737 MAX (particularly that winglet shot), and I didn't have an avatar at all, haha.

Agree to disagree, I suppose. I'm nothing but pleasant to all airline staff, because I understand the #### they have to deal with on a daily basis. I find it interesting that you're judging me having never met me in person, but whatever.

But I've had friendlier service than AC from WestJet, Cathay Pacific, KLM, Lufthansa, and as hard as it is to believe, even United! When most AC staff I deal with are rude with every customer within earshot of me, and make no effort to deliver friendly service, I doubt they enjoy their job very much. But hey, union benefits...

I'm not afraid to admit, I'm biased towards Air Canada. But I'm judging them not in conflict resolution, but on overall experience. And that's based on years of flying with various airlines across the world, in all of the areas that you mentioned.

Their pilots are great (well, except maybe the guy who tried to land on a taxiway at SFO, lol), and no doubt, their aircraft are new, clean and well maintained. But of every airline I've ever flown, when it comes to overall experience, and especially customer service, Air Canada has been the worst.

No airline is perfect, and I never said WestJet is. I've just had a better overall experience with them compared to AC. And pretty much everyone I know shares that opinion...you've obviously had a better experience, which is fine. Maybe I just have bad luck with them, lol.

But, I digress. Let's be honest, flying sucks, no matter what airline you choose. Every airline has their pros and cons...just have to pick the least of all the evils on any given day, I guess.
This is entirely personal preference. Personally I would fly AC 100% of the time given the choice between WJ and AC. Domestic flights, the difference is pretty negligible, but internationally WJ can't compete with AC offerings both in terms of routes, and aircraft used. WJ also doesn't have anything equivalent to AC's international business class.
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote