View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Well I'm a Chiefs fan and with the signing of Eric Winston it's opened up a few things that the Chiefs can do in the draft now. Before he signed, they were pretty much committed to having to take a Tackle, be it Rieff if he fell down that far, or reach for a guy like Martins.

I think the first 3 picks will be

Luck
RG3
Kalil

Than it gets interesting as Cleveland has a choice of Morris Claiborne, Trent Richardson, or Justin Blackmon. Of course some still think they're in on Tannehill too, but I think this is too early to grab him. Depending on what Cleveland does it will shape how the next few picks go, especially if they were to opt for Blackmon, than the Bucs wnt for Claiborne, and the Rams are left looking at Richardson. The Rams I suspect are hoping for one of Claiborne, or Blackmon to still be around when they pick. Although given the milage on Jackson, I don't think they should pass up Richardson.

After that we get to Jacksonville who can either go with Rieff the tackle, or one of the rush ends in Coples, or Melvin Ingram.

Get to Miami at 8 and they seem a lock to take Tannehill.

Carolina at 9, I've seen Dontari Poe thrown around, as well as others who can provide defensive line help like Fletcher Cox, and of course a pass rusher like Ingram/Coples. Some recent mock drafts have Corner Stephon Gilmore flying up the rankings, and the Panthers could also look to get a corner here with him or Dre Kirkpatrick considering the Division they play in.

The Bills at 10 I think will grab Riley Rieff here if Jacksonville doesn't, since Demitreus Bell still isn't signed. If he's off the board, maybe they reach for the next tackle?

Now with the Chiefs, I think Fletcher Cox is a possibility, as is Dontari Poe as a nose tackle is something they need. Cox really isn't a true 0 technique nose, but he can flex to be an end too, whereas with Poe who was a combine freak, he hasn't shown much flexibilty to be moved around that Cox has.

They could also grab a corner here as Peyton Manning, and Pip Rivers account for 25% of their schedule so in those games you could find yourself in a lot of nickle situations. When they beat the Packers, they put a corner on Finley that entire game, so with big athletic tight end being the buzz position it is now, teams could be looking at stocking more corner depth to cover these guys.

Another guy could be DeCastro the guard from Stanford. As you'll see a lot of high powered passing attacks, giving yourself a front 5 that you can beat back the opposing defence and ramming the ball down their throat might become a necessity for the Chiefs. Getting a young group on the interior like DeCastro, Husdon, Asomugha to go with tackles like Albert and Winston gives the team a chance to gel a good solid line that can play together for 5+ years and the interior group for a few more.

At this point I'm not sure what direction they'll go. By signing Winston they've put themselves in position where the BPA can be taken. As the draft nears, I'm sure things will change around a fair bit after pick 3.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post: