View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 08:24 AM   #22
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
It's not dramatic. After graduating from university I lived in Parkdale in Toronto which is considered a somewhat sketchy area. I never felt in danger. It could have been 2 a.m. and I was walking by a group of sketchy guys but I was never worried. Most people don't bother you if you don't bother them.

Seeing a group of people in public injecting themselves with drugs during the middle of the day in the centre of the city is pretty dramatic though. Its like something from a dystopian movie. I've never seen that before or since. I also saw some people who were messed up on something and I just didn't trust what they might do.

I don't get it to be honest. Vancouver has safe injection sites so why do they let these people shoot up outside. Why can't the local police enforce the laws?
You haven't walked in beltline around Sheldon Kumir lately have you? It's become a mini East Hastings thanks to the NDP. Safe injections sites is simply a place to get needles and shoot up in parks. The whole premise of safe injection sites is backwards because of lack of control and 'human rights'. Police are encouraged to not enforce, to not scare drug addicts from the sites at the expense of residents in the vicinity. Look up the safe injection site thread for the realities of what safe injection sites bring.

Last edited by Firebot; 07-11-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post: