View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 02:16 PM   #3895
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Anyone else playing Returnal? I'm getting my ass kicked as I still can't get past the first boss. At least in Dark Souls/Demon Souls, etc you could level up and save at key points. With the random equipment drops, few permanent upgrades, and no save points it's tough to make it through a run as twice when I had by best builds for the first boss I had the crappy shotgun weapon which appears to be the least optimal against this boss and when I had the better weapons I didn't have enough upgrades. Fun game though.
Yep, it's super hard. I've got past the first boss but haven't got to the second yet. My advice if you're having trouble:

-Get as much health upgrades as possible (duh) - at least 3-4 upgrades from pick-ups and preferably the 25% boost from the store.

-The machine gun weapon -- I wouldn't even attempt it with the others. Should be at least level 3.

-Don't take any malfunctions.

-Only take parasites that are going to be immediately beneficial - i.e. assume the goal of your run is just to beat the one boss. The one I brought gave me 15% more defense

-The astronaut figurine that gives you a revive is almost a must - the time I beat him I actually didn't have to use it, but it was close
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote