View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 02:00 PM   #150
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Juice View Post
What are the chances that we trade up to the top 5 in this years draft? I Have not been following the draft eligibles much this year so forgive me if I’m way out to lunch with this.

I feel like Chicago is a wild card to move out of the top 5? I would think as long as they have Kane and Toews they will try to keep their window to win as long as possible.

So would a deal involving

Brodie + Jankow + our 1st be enough to get the conversation started? Again I don’t know if people are considering this to be a strong draft year with generational talent.

I might be over valuing our players but if they were traded simply for picks I would imagine it to be something like this

Brodie = late first and a second
Jankow = early second

So It would be 2 firsts and 2 seconds which seems relativily close unless your Chicago and you think that the player in the top 5 will make more of an impact than both Brodie, Jankow and who ever they would get at 26.
I think that player will be Byram who will be an anchor on their aging blue line for years so I can't see them trading away from that with an aging Keith to replace
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote