View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 06:47 AM   #189
Darkknight
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I have no doubt this will not be received well, but I feel like I need to share this somewhere and there are definitely perks to internet anonymity.

My wife and I are both in our mid thirties and have 3 children all under 7. Our children are up to date with all their vaccines with our oldest currently in first grade.

My wife and I have not been vaccinated for covid. Now I'm sure your initial reaction to this is that we must be uneducated (not accurate, I have my masters and my wife has a fine arts degree) or that we are conspiracy theorists. We don't belive the government is trying to track you or this is all some grand scheme from Bill Gates.

Covid went through our home in April, before either of us were eligible for the vaccine here in Alberta. We had relatively minor symptoms and aside from myself still not being able to taste or smell at 100%, we have had no long lasting effects. So I clearly know covid is not a hoax.

So why have we not been vaccinated? Well recent studies have shown that natural immunity is everybody as good if not better than the vaccines. I do understand that these are early studies, but everything we know about immunity since we've been studying viruses would indicate that natural immunity is likely.

We've also had three close contacts who have had strokes since being vaccinated. While it is entirely possible that it is merely a coincidence, there are reports of side effects from the vaccines. So why would I risk potential serious side effects for a medical procedure, that after having the virus already, seems unnecessary?

If I am completely out to lunch on this, I am more than happy to have a discussion, which is why I am making this post I suppose. I just haven't seen anything like this posted on here before so I thought it may be beneficial for those who are condemning individuals like myself to maybe take a moment and see where others may find themselves.

For the record I do support an immunity passport like we've seen in places in Europe, but I do feel like a vaccine passport goes against everything we know about the spread of this disease and immunity in general.

My apologies for the wall of text.

Last edited by Darkknight; 09-16-2021 at 07:04 AM.
Darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote