View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default Military History/Weapons of War Thread

So I think just as a mental exercise, and its something that I'm interested in, and there seems to be some interested parties here, I'm going to start this thread. I used to do lists, but I kind of ran out of list ideas. So instead, I'm going to do this. Once a week, probably on Sunday, I'm going to try to put up one article. It will either cover a significant moment in military history, ie battles, standoffs, decisions, or I will pick one weapon, whether its a class or a individual system. This is not about some glorification of the weapons platform, or a war F yeah moment, but just a break down of history or technology. Of course you are all welcome to participate its an open thread.

I think a good start up for tomorrow is I'm going to talk about the Typhoon class submarines. One of the largest submarines ever built, a terrifying first threat weapon built at the height of the Cold War and a display of Soviet Naval power.

If you all want me to research and talk about something specific, please leave it in the thread here. If you want to write something of your own, please feel free.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: