Thread: Dexter
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #39
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've been avoiding this thread for a while. I got hooked on Dexter a few months ago, and caught all the first two seasons on DVD. Now, I PVR the show. So, every time this thread gets bumped, I don't want to read it for fear of seeing a spoiler. Since I saw the last episode last night, I can finally participate in this thread.

This is easily my favourite show right now. There is the occasional "yeah right" moment (e.g. Rita seems to have forgotten about Dexter's heroin addiction), but I think you have to suspend some belief when you have a show where the main character is a serial killer that prays on serial killers. One thing I really like about the show is how the intensity gradually picks up through the season. Now that I have to wait a week for new episodes, that might just drive me batty.

It's obvious that Miguel Prado has to disappear by the end of the season. Having him being a mass murderer and then being killed off by Dexter is too easy. It's possible that it will end that way, but I am thinking that it will be a little different. My current guess is that Ramon Prado is the killer that is cutting off skin patchess. So, Dexter will kill him off. Then for Miguel, my current guess is that he will kill himself. Either that, or Ramon kills him. All of the Prados are obviously messed up. We still haven't heard too much about Oscar's past. I think that the Prado family's past will develop quite a bit through the season. Oscar's killing will end up being justified, even though Dexter didn't know it to begin with.
jtfrogger is offline   Reply With Quote