View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 10:26 AM   #10
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
The funniest cliche on cp for me lately has been the "send hm down so he can get his confidence back".

Being told you aren't good enough for an NHL roster isn't a confidence booster.

Watching your pay get cut by tens of thousands of dollars isn't a confidence booster.

The ahl is for ahlers,.
I think that is a very narrow way of looking at it.

Everyone has their own opinion on whether or not he needs to get into the AHL and no one has stated that the "act" of sending him to the AHL will boost his confidence.

In the world, there are individuals who might be a doing a job that they are not qualified for. If my manager tells me to limit my role and learn the basics really well (which for Dube can be improving his strength and not being vulnerable on the ice), then I might not look at it from a negative stance. Instead, I might be okay with learning the building blocks very well that can help me succeed and move further in my career (a position that is way higher than the current job that I am doing)

In other words, if you communicate with someone and help them succeed, then a demotion is not always a bad thing. Keep in mind, we are talking about a player who hasn't spent much time at all in the AHL (not someone like Jankowski who has).

I am not arguing whether he should be sent to the AHL with this post. Instead, I am rebutting your narrow way of thinking about a player being sent down... losing tens of thousands of dollars now is a lot better than being out of the league OR not making millions later on because you didn't improve as a player. Thinking long-term isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Just my thoughts though.

Last edited by keenan87; 11-07-2018 at 10:28 AM.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote