Old 03-08-2021, 02:02 PM   #1790
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixon45 View Post
Havertz has been fantastic today.

Easy MOTM.
Shocking what happens when you actually play a guy in the position he was most successful at with Dortmund Leverkusen as kind of a false 9 almost.

I had posted this back in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Biggest issue Frank had is playing guys in their natural positions.

I went and looked at past RB Leipzig formations and Werner generally played more on the left side. Either on the left side of a front three, or on the left side in a two striker formation. Looks like he rarely he was played as a sole striker.

For Chelsea he's played mostly up top as a lone striker or on the right side.

It's the same thing with Havertz. His best season for Leverkusen was this past season when they deployed him in more of an attacking role - some times as the center forward of a three forward formation, or as the Right Wing of the attacking 3 in a 4-2-3-1 set up.

For Chelsea they've had him in a deeper role playing more as a traditional Right Midfielder, which doesn't suit him.

Ziyech played as the Right Wing on the right side in a 4-2-3-1, or in a 4-3-3 formation at Ajax.

Been the same thing with Pulisic - if you look at his last season in Dortmund he played mostly as a RW or CAM. Then goes to Chelsea and they play him on the left almost exclusively.

I'd almost be trying this if I were Chelsea:

Werner - Havertz - Ziyech
Pulisic
Kante - Kovacic

Werner and Ziyech were both used more in these type of winger positions. Havertz actually had a lot of success as the CF in almost more of a False 9 role. Pulisic has stated that he personally thinks playing in the Center is his best position, and then you have Kante/Kovacic/Jorginho behind them to protect.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 03-08-2021 at 02:22 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: