View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 11:03 AM   #3228
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
If we are sharing cycling safety/etiquette stories, I was biking back east on the pathway back to my downtown office from Chicken on the Way Kensington (lunchtime basement swing of course) and making the turn into the North End of the Peace Bridge when a guy came barreling out the bridge.

He sees me coming up the small incline and turning and he slams on his brakes suddenly and flies over his handlebars into the bush. He must have had a lot of momentum as his bike dropped right in front of the bridge and he ended up in the brush between the pathway and memorial. I asked him if he was okay and in hindsight I should have stopped longer to help him up but I had chicken getting cold in my backpack and I was just in shock at what just happened.

He said he just didn't see me. I was not going very fast as I was going up the slope and I guess there is a bench and some bushes that could obstruct your view but you also shouldn't exit the peace bridge at 25kph into a 90 degree turn.
Yeah no way he couldn't see you, even with the benches and bushes a person on a bike has a clear line of sight over them to the pathway. You may get a brief period of a blindspot from the bridge itself. Dude should not have been coming off the bridge that fast.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote