View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 10:44 AM   #3226
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
On Saturday, I did the city portion of the Western Headworks Canal Pathway but I don't know if I would want to repeat it.

I biked from East Village down the Bow River Pathway to Fish Creek Park and then east on 130th Ave to the South Trail Crossing to grab some lunch. I went back north on 52nd St until I hit the canal and then up to Max Bell and then to the Bow River pathway to get back downtown for 60km.

It's a beautiful route but my issue is that there are trees all along the canal and a good chunk of it is full of roots that have ripped up the pathway and it's a pain to go over on a road bike for enough lengths that I would reconsider doing it again. I have a carbon fork and carbon seatpost and tried to jump some that I could but they are so close to one another that it's unavoidable in some areas. It was like go go, slow slow, bumpity bumpity for a long time.

The part where the pathway ends and there's only 5 feet of clearance so you need to get off the bike and hunch over to spelunk through a under freeway dungeon is also interesting.
My bad. I meant to highly recommenced you use the west side past the Inglewood bird sanctuary, then cross the river at Ogden road, and take the 50th ave bridge onto the pathway. It's all path, but it's in so much better shape. That section from 17th ave to 50ave is aweful on the east side.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote