View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 08:07 PM   #2868
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
I thankfully dont think Trump can win, his 30% of deplorables and special need sociopaths will follow him to hell, but his presence means every single other voter goes the other way, and that its a high turnout, the last thing the GOP can beat is a high turnout
I'm not sure he could win either at this point. If anything the MAGA cult has been shrinking over the last couple of years, and now we have Covid killing off thousands of them every month it seems. Trump will still pretend that he might run for a while longer just to keep fleecing the rubes and filling his bank account, but in the end he'll probably end up on the sidelines as more of a GQP figurehead. The guy never wanted to be president to begin with. He'll be 78 in 2024 and far more senile and mentally unstable than he is now. I'm guessing he'd much rather spend his time golfing and living out his golden years like Jabba the Hutt while sitting on his throne at Mar-a-Lago.

The problem for Republicans is that the cultists and insurrectionists are still a big chunk of their base, and they need these nutjobs to get out and vote in massive numbers or they won't win squat. So I predict they'll end up running some other reprehensible MAGA-friendly piece of s*** like DeSantis, Abbott, or Gym Jordan.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote