View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 04:34 PM   #47
カナダ人です
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
The Worlds doesn't feature the best talent in the world. The World Cup does. Can you explain why it's a complete joke?
The hockey world cup may have featured better players, but as has been said they bent over backwards trying to make that happen. Team "North America"? "Team Europe"? The international stage is supposed to be for National Teams not Frankenstein rosters. It also does nothing to grow the game in non-traditional hockey countries.

I love the World Championships and Olympics because anyone can win it. Those are large, truly international tournaments. Japan could win the World Championships. They'd have to advance from their current div, but it is all under the umbrella of a truly WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

I'm also a huge soccer fan, and love tournaments like the European Championships, Copa America, Gold Cup, FA Cup, African Cup of Nations, Asian Cup, etc. Those are also not best on best like soccer's World Cup, but they have a qualifying component and are inclusive of all countries. San Marino could win the Euros. I wouldn't bet on it, but it could happen
カナダ人です is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to カナダ人です For This Useful Post: