Thread: 2018 World Cup
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 12:05 PM   #24
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Well I would have said a midfield of De Bruyne-Dembele-Nainggolan is certainly one of the best, but Roberto Martinez figures it's better to not even take Nainggolan and have Fellaini in that midfield instead. Belgium, like France, should probably be in favorite territory, instead with such crappy management it'll be biggest disappointment territory instead.
Pretty crazy selection decision, Belgium has great talent but lack a style of play and any real cohesiveness. I also am not sold on Hazard as a player who can turn up on the biggest stage and lead his team to glory, same with De Bruyne. Both have had great domestic success but very little to show on the international or champions league level.

A great predictor of success in this tournament is having a team with players that are already proven on the worlds biggest stages. I see very little of that on Belgium. I felt a similar way about Brazil’s 2014 team compared to other world class teams at the time. If you look at past World Cup winners and view their rosters they almost all are full of players that that were already experienced and successful at the highest levels of football.

Last edited by Beninho; 05-21-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote