View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 03:49 PM   #72
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecube View Post
In other interesting local SK news, a white farmer was sentenced to two years community service, three years probation and 110 K in restitution payments for stealing 1.2 million in heavy equipment from local farmers.

If you were following the Boushie story last year after it happened, local rednecks were up in arms about property theft and were blaming "the Indians". Of course they were suspiciously silent after the RCMP found this guys stash.
Why is race important here? I bet that if a bunch of drunk white hooligans showed up on his property doing the same thing, his trigger would have "malfunctioned" the exact same way.

Having moved to a rural property recently, I can tell you that it's a lot different. I could shoot a gun on my property (or someone could shoot at me) and the only people that would hear it is us. It's not like living in Bridlewood, where your neighbour can hear you talking on the phone. Nobody here to call the police for me if trouble rolls up my driveway, so I have a shotgun. I hope never to use it, but I would rather go to court and explain my actions than have my daughter grow up without a father.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote