View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 03:46 AM   #467
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I don't think that is fair to Hamonic. The anxiety level in the general public at the time Hamonic made his decision was much higher. People have gotten used to the situation more now and the routines needed to protect themselves. No one knows what was behind Hamonic's decision, but it's quite possible that he was having trouble managing at the time, or that people in his immediate family were having trouble and didn't want him to go. At the time, I was suffering from some pretty acute anxiety (along with millions of others I assume) and it felt like we were living in a nightmare. I still had to work and felt a lot of guilt for having to bring my freaked out and scared kid to daycare every day and potentially exposing her. If I had the power to do so, I would have taken a leave from work at that time to deal with family and mental health issues.

He did seem to fall out of favour with the team last season, so that might have factored in, but I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Doubtful he was worried about exposing anyone with covid, I don't think he wanted to leave his family to live in a bubble, he also was an impending free agent and wasn't get paid. In the end I don't think it was a good career decision, had he had a good playoff he likely wouldn't be looking for a job right now.

He'll get one but at a cost.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote