View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #96
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
What are your thoughts on getting a job stocking groceries or something right now? If for no other reason than to slide that into your cover letter. I'd think it would show you have no issue setting aside your ego to keep moving things forward. As an employer, you'd shoot straight to the top of my list with an attitude like that. I wouldn't be able to help but want to meet you. It'll bring in a few bucks, help Calgarians, and would be an ace up your sleeve in a cover letter and interview. Only a rad dude would do that.

Might also feel better than applying for a handful of jobs everyday knowing there is such a slim chance of something landing right now, although obviously keep applying. Sometimes a job search can almost be a full-time job, but this is not one of those periods. Too much free time with joblessness can weigh too heavy on a guy.

Easy to make my comment from the sidelines, though. I get that. Good luck.
This is tough. I thought about that, as the groceries are the only places really hiring, and I'd rather work anywhere than simply not work.

I have two at risk parents to Covid, and my girlfriend has a Dad just out of hospital for cancer. I also had a lot of respiratory problems as a kid, that I got over and haven't had issue with since I was about 17, but now that's sitting in the back of my mind.

I think that the grocery opportunities are a great place for high school kids, or university age at the moment. (As long as they are responsible!) As much as I would like to be a part of the solution and not the problem.

Can't really speak for others, but that's where I am.