View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 09:50 AM   #1688
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
what a great show.

I got to say though, I didn't quite like it as much as BB... though I think that it definitely was on the same tier.

its definitely more of a slow burn and more subtle show, especially the first 3 years...
I'm in the same boat as you for the most part. I enjoyed BB much more. Have re-watched it about 5 times. Each and every time is just an great as the first time. BCS is good, but it's not even on my all-time top TV show list. Had some good part, even great. Lots of filler. Some parts boring. I think a lot of the show was nostalgia based on how great BB was. Without BB existing and this show on it's own, I think it rates a lot lower without having that nostalgia factor. If I hadn't ever seen BB and watched only this show, I would likely find it more boring than not. Just my opinion. I know a few people who loved BB, but couldn't fully get into BCS.

Wasn't a big fan of the Gene arc at the shopping center, but overall I thought the ending was good. Was totally expecting Saul to weasel his way out, but was pleasantly surprised to see him take his lumps. I thought the story of him meeting Walter White getting told twice was genius, especially with the "twist" ending. Saul was right; he only had to convince 1 jury, and she was sitting in the back watching.

Maybe in the future some fan editor will chop the entire BB, BCS and El Camino plot into sequential order and I can re-watch it that way and see if it works. Will miss this show, but not as much as other top shows that ended.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 09-07-2022 at 10:01 AM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote